The Kwara State Government has Released a new guidelines in order to curb the spread of Coronavirus .
The State Government in a Statement Made available this medium Explained that the new COVID-19 Rule will take effect from Thursday December 24, 2020.
The Statement reads in full ;
New COVID-19 Guidelines for Kwara Sate ·
– Appropriate use of face mask in public places is mandatory·
– Concerts/carnivals/Clubbing are not allowed until further notice·
– centres are not to allow congregations exceeding 50% of the maximum capacity of the venue.
-This is is to allow for physical distancing· Other gatherings (formal and informal) exceeding 50 people are disallowed·
– Again, proper use of face mask in public space is mandatory. Therefore, the protocol of ‘No face mask, no entry’ must apply at all public places. ·
– Civil servants are to work from their homes. The only exemptions are essential workers, especially in the health sector. Virtual meetings are encouraged·
– There shall be partial statewide lockdown between 12 am and 430a.m. until further notice.·
– Transporters are to enforce all COVID-19 protocols, including proper use of face mask by drivers and passengers.
-Appropriate sanctions will apply to defaulters.·
– Security agencies will deploy all lawful means to enforce these protocols·
– Defaulters are deemed to constitute dangers to public health. Provisions of the Kwara State Infectious Diseases Regulations 2020 shall apply to all offenders. ·
– There will be further communications on school resumption·
– These new guidelines take effect from Thursday December 24, 2020.·
– These new guidelines are subject to reviews as situations dictate.