News

CAF CUP: Kwara United players, coaches share Saliu Mustapha’s largesse

The Informant247 has exclusively gathered information about the sharing of the $1,500 cash prize gifted to the Kwara United football club after their victory against the AS Douanes of Niger Republic on Sunday.

The Kwara side defeated the Nigerien club in their opening game in the CAF Confederation cup.

Recall that the football match, played at the Mobolaji Johnson stadium in Lagos state, ended with a score of three to nil.

It was also reported that All Progressives Congress candidate in the Kwara Central Senatorial race, Saliu Mustapha, who had promised to motivate the players with $500 for every goal scored in the competition, redeemed a $1500 pledge to the club after the Sunday match.

Meanwhile, according to information gathered by our correspondent, the club, including the players and the management officials, unanimously agreed on a sharing formula.

An insider familiar with the workings of the club, explained that the $1,500, an equivalent of one million naira using the parallel market exchange rate, was shared among the players, coaches, and other backroom officers.

The Informant247 learnt that while it was agreed that the players should take the larger 60 percent, with the scorers getting a slightly higher portion, the coaches and others were apportioned the remaining 40 percent.

One of the players who spoke with this newspaper under the condition of anonymity, explained that the decision was a show of sportsmanship that has kept the bond of the club stronger.

“We don’t want a situation that will promote selfishness. We need everybody to be happy for us to ultimately win the league,” he said,

The team member also lauded the contributions of Mustapha and the Kwara state Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, who he claimed, have been solidly behind the club.

CAF CUP: How Kwara United players, coaches shared Saliu Mustapha’s largesse

The Informant247 has exclusively gathered information about the sharing of the $1,500 cash prize gifted to the Kwara United football club after their victory against the AS Douanes of Niger Republic on Sunday.

The Kwara side defeated the Nigerien club in their opening game in the CAF Confederation cup.

Recall that the football match, played at the Mobolaji Johnson stadium in Lagos state, ended with a score of three to nil.

It was also reported that All Progressives Congress candidate in the Kwara Central Senatorial race, Saliu Mustapha, who had promised to motivate the players with $500 for every goal scored in the competition, redeemed a $1500 pledge to the club after the Sunday match.

Meanwhile, according to information gathered by our correspondent, the club, including the players and the management officials, unanimously agreed on a sharing formula.

An insider familiar with the workings of the club, explained that the $1,500, an equivalent of one million naira using the parallel market exchange rate, was shared among the players, coaches, and other backroom officers.

The Informant247 learnt that while it was agreed that the players should take the larger 60 percent, with the scorers getting a slightly higher portion, the coaches and others were apportioned the remaining 40 percent.

One of the players who spoke with this newspaper under the condition of anonymity, explained that the decision was a show of sportsmanship that has kept the bond of the club stronger.

“We don’t want a situation that will promote selfishness. We need everybody to be happy for us to ultimately win the league,” he said,

The team member also lauded the contributions of Mustapha and the Kwara state Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, who he claimed, have been solidly behind the club.

Sho pen online

SHO PEN ONLINE is an Online media, with a Special Focus on Event Publicity. Our services are : News Publishing, Red Carpet & Event Coverage, Media Training, Public Relations and Advertising.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button