- First African Artiste to bag seven Billboard Nominations.
He bagged nominations for Top Hot 100 Song, Top Selling Song, Top Radio Song, Top Streaming Song, Top Collaboration, Top R&B Song, and Top R&B Collaboration.
- Youngest African Artiste to get a Grammy nomination
Wizzy Wizzle as he is also the youngest African Artiste to get nominated for a Grammy award Courtesy of the 2016 Drake album, Views.
- Itunes World Chart record
Wizkid is the only Nigerian musician who not only made the number one spot on the iTunes World Chart but maintained that top spot for more than one week courtesy of “one dance”
- Wizkid Is The First African Pop Star To Perform/Sell Out Royal Albert Hall In London
Wizkid is the first African to not only perform but also sell out London’s most iconic venue, Royal Albert Hall as Headliner, joining musicians like Beatles, Adele, Elton.
- Nigerian Artiste with the most award nominations in Nigeria
As of 2019, Wizkid had received a total of 66 awards from 165 nominations which came from his native Nigeria, Africa and the rest of the World.
- First Nigerian to win three Billboard Music Awards
Wizkid’s hit collaboration “One Dance” with Drake & Kyla last year earned him all the awards
- The First Nigerian To Win An ASCAP Award
Wizkid is also the first Nigerian (if not African), to bag an international award from The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP).
- Wizkid has become the first Nigerian singer to win an NAACP image award.
His collaboration with American award-winning singer, Beyonce for the track ”Brown Skin Girl” off her “The Gift” album won an award at the 51st NAACP Image Awards.
- Wizkid Is The First Afro-Pop Artiste To Appear In The Guinness World Records
Wizkid is really the first Afro-pop artiste to appear in the Guinness Book of World Records. This is as a result of his contribution to Drake’s smash hit, ‘One Dance’, which topped charts worldwide.
- Wizkid Joins League of Highest Paid Artists Worldwide
He was reported to have been paid 50 million Rupees ($681,200, N245.9 million) to give a live performance, and he got Indians dancing to Soco, Fake Love and more.
- Wizkid’s Nike Jersey Sells Out in Minutes
He announced on his Instagram handle that his jersey collaboration with Nike sold out in 10 minutes. The jersey which was sold for N30,506 was described by Nike as “a celebration of Nigerian roots”.
- Vogue Magazine Affirms Wizkid Africa’s Hottest Pop-Star
The 28-year-old super star and Star Boy Entertainment boss has been earning lots of accolades outside the country for his talent, music and creativity.
64 total views, 2 views today